Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September Hair Carnival- Part 2

So as some of you may know for the September  Hair is a Copy Cat Challenge, and I was all excited to be paired with Braid with me Aisha. If you don't know she was the guest Blogger on Beads Braids and Beyond, after winner the first protective hair style challenge. Be sure to check her out, she has amazing hair styles and I'm sure you'll be inspired again and again.

 With her having a little girl and me a little boy I wasn't sure how it was going to work, But it did, You can find the first Hair Challenge post here.

One of my styles was inspired by her "Back with a twist Style". I just loved the way the twist swirled around the head.

So i attempted to recreated the style using braids.
I started off the style with hair that was previously washed and braided, so it kinda had the banded effect.

I parted Ms. A's hair in half at the crown, and braided following the contour or her head, ended at the very front.


Initially i was going to box braid the back of her hair, but being pressed for time and the length of her hair, I decided to to french braid the back straight down, simple and easy and Quick.













11 comments:

  1. Very pretty style, mami!! Beautiful little girl!

    Char~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swirls! I am scared to try cornrows any direction but straight, but I'm gonna work up the nerve to give this a try. Looks great, and looks like it would be long-lasting (which I love).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this hairstyle!! and you daughter is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so pretty! I love the swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, that is a really neat swirly effect! I gotta try that!!
    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a cutie! Her hair looks great, so long and I love this style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely style! Love the curved braids as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is soooooooo CUTE! Love it. Something about hair on the side that grabs your attention everytime. Good job mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out really pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment