Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mini Marshmallow Shooters, Tutorial

I know this has nothing to do with hair, but get used to is, my second hobby parties 

 As a family, we watch NCIS, a lot, and my son just happens to love guns,  he builds them with his Lego's, and keeps a water gun in the back of his pants, so he can pull it out on people and say, " Hands up now! " which i find hilarious, especially since one of his god mothers' is a cop. I know someone out there may say, its bad, and he'll grow up to be a killer, but as long as i do my best to teach him right from wrong my hands or clean
But any who, i brought a marshmallow shooter kit for 7 bucks at a thrift store, which was way to much i think. and i thought it would be a cool idea to have a marshmallow fight with some of the neighborhood children, if i could figure out how to make them for cheap.

above is my first attempt and i think it came out well. so instead of having the marshmallows i fight, i wanted to use these at my son's 4th birthday party which is a safari theme. Who would want to go into a jungle without something to protect? Even if the ammo is sweet and made entirely out of sugar.

 To begin

you will need 1/2 inch PVC pipe, cut into desired lengths

at least one T shaped connector piece

 1 Coupler piece

and some end caps to cap off the handles, so the marshmallows will shoot through.



since it is a party, I decided to package each
 shooter in its own little bag, with  patterned paper topper

for the shooter in the first picture I used
  • 1 coupler for the mouthpiece
  • 2 T joints for connectors
  • 5 pieces of PVC, 3 for the body, and 2 for handles
  • and 2 end caps to keep the marshmallows flowing












4 comments:

  1. How does this work? I've never heard of it before but it sounds interesting. And where'd you get all the pieces?? Seems creative (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the... ? Does that really work?!! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it really works... and they are fun, yesterday my mother and son was having a fight with them, if you search marshmallow shooters, you will find all sorts of videos and photos

    and at ATCC, i got them at a home improvemnt store than just cut to size

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment